Friday, April 25, 2014

Curvy Crave of the Week: "The World's Most Indulgent Baked Potatoes"


I spend WAY too much time looking at pictures of food online.

Whether it's following Infatuation's #eeeeats hashtag on Instagram, reading posts from Saveur or Food and Wine or checking out tips from the food bloggers I love I can't get enough. Invariably, that leaves me headed in to my weekend with a serious cravings.

While it is very hard to pick what I am craving the most this week, hands down the one item that is making me go a bit crazy is this ridiculous recipe from Kitchen Daily for Poutine-Style Twice Baked Potatoes.

I love potatoes, it is my starch of choice...always.

You say in order to eat teriyaki chicken you need some great fragrant white rice? Puh-shah, put that over some french fries and be in heaven!  This combo was my go-to meal "treat meal" in elementary school at the Redondo Beach Pier (before the awesome teriyaki place burned down, RIP).  The fries soak up all that teriyaki sauce goodness and chicken and potatoes are good friends from way back.  But...I digress.

Oxtail Poutine from Chop Bar in Oakland, CA

The best thing about potatoes is that much like Bubba in Forest Gump, there are a kazillion ways to make them.  Having become all to well acquainted with cheese fries and gravy fries in my youth, I am a new convert to poutine.  However, poutine is a glorious, glorious food combining the things I love to cover my fries in (I forgot to put in an honorable mention for chili) with a French twist.  Even the name poutine makes you feel better about eating it..it doesn't exactly SOUND like fries covered in gravy and cheese (curds). It sounds sophisticated.

This recipe is AMAZING because it takes several of the BEST things about potatoes and combines them in to one deliciously decadent recipe.  "First they're stuffed with sour cream and Parmigiano-Reggiano, then they're topped with tangy gravy, melted mozzarella, bits of crisp bacon and, finally, fried potato skins."

Check out the full recipe at Kitchen Daily.

What are YOUR curves craving this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment