Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It's Fatkini Season!

The swim lines are out, and there has never been more selection in plus-size two pieces.  About this time, two years ago the lovely Gabi Gregg dared to go on vacation and flaunt her curves in a two-piece from Simply Be, bringing to the forefront on a national level (hello, Today Show segments) the topic of fat shaming but also the choice as a double digit diva to wear something other than a tankini or one-piece.

One of my favorite bloggers, The Militant Baker has a great recap of some of the great bikinis out there available in double digit sizes and I am in love with the suits at Forever 21 (see pic above), ModCloth (this gingham!!), Monif C (more on the AWESOME launch party soon) and of course the second super cute, super fast selling line by Gabi Gregg for SwimsuitsforAll.

www.modcloth.com

Love this fringe bikini spied at the Monif C preview party.
While we still have a long way to go, in people accepting their bodies (including myself) but what I really love is the versatility afforded me by the new interest by fashion brands in girls my size and larger. I can wear a one-piece one day, a retro bikini the next, and a midkini the next (see Gabi Fresh's ADORABLE suit below) and feel confident and beautiful the whole time!



Are you planning to rock a bikini this summer?

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog and would love to have you involved in my 101 bikini/fatkini babes post. All the information is here.....http://fatshionpeepshow.blogspot.ca/2014/06/keep-calm-and-bikini-at-any-size.html

    Thanks for your consideration,
    Stina
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stina I took hiatus so JUST saw this--my deepest apologies! You can contact me in the future at curvyinthecity at gmail dot com

      Delete