Monday, January 19, 2015

Lessons in Love from Jon Cusack as Jake in "Must Love Dogs"



"You know, but I think your heart grows back bigger. You know? Once you get the shit beat out of you. And, um, the universe lets your heart expand that way, and I think that's the function of all this pain and heartache that you go through and you gotta go through that to come out to a better place and that's how I see it, anyway." 
-Jake (John Cusack) Must Love Dogs

You can't let the hurt DEFINE you.

Because he/she hurt you, manipulated you, destroyed you...we have to remember that its part of the journey.

If you're anything like me, your heart has expanded ALOT over the past few years, but just imagine what that means about the capacity to love with that big stretched heart?

I have so much love to give and so much room to receive, despite the hurt, tears and the rest. God doesn't give you anything you can't handle. Remember that.

xo,
ericamichele

0 comments:

Post a Comment