Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Can "Big Girls" wear leather? (FashionStyle.com Guest Blog)


In a recent conversation with one of my favorite curvy friends, I suggested that she get some leather items for fall and she told me "Us Big Girls, can't wear leather!" For a moment, her comment took me back to the past - a past where I'd lived in ill-fitting skirts and pants from places like Wilson's House of Suede and Leather (hey, it was the early 90's!).  

I LOVE leather, the feel, the smell, the look; I even love the vegan and faux-leather and always have! Back then, I was willing to compromise true fashion just for the chance to rock leather that was often too tight or didn't fit well at all.  I could never find the cutest items in my size or that seemed to compliment my shape, which isn't quite straight size, but not quite, plus size either.

To read more of my thoughts on the leather trend for curves, click here.  Much thanks to the beautiful Kadia B. for the opportunity, love this site!

Portions of the original article re-printed via @fashionstyle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment